Thank you to all that helped me with my last post on greying when varnishing. I decided to go down the route of brushing on the varnish and on Thursday my wife bought a 250 ml bottle of Windsor and Newton's Galleria Matt varnish from Amazon prime for under £10. And it was delivered Friday.
On Saturday night I tried it on one of the figures that I part repainted and yesterday I had a look at the result and was very happy with it.
I have now hand varnished all 20 figures and just need to finish the bases off, though it's unlikely to be this coming week or next weekend.
Anyway I'm feeling a lot more motivated now and looking forward to finishing these Frostgrave Gnolls off.
Here's the 1st of the batch - just need to but some grass etc on the base.
Now just need to sort out the photography side so you can see the shading etc.
Anyway thanks again.