Wounded Chindit

Wounded Chindit

Sunday 23 October 2016

New project - prepping

Whilst waiting for the last base to dry for the US Cavalry yesterday I decided to prep the 1st batch of PeterPig's WW2 British Paras. 



I've decided to go for a rather large army and cover a number of options as I have the troops to hand and will still have many left over (eBay sale coming up at the end I think). I picked up a PeterPig black box for the paras (old style of figures) many years ago and when Martin had the figures remodeled I purchased a number of packs. This was supplemented by another black box of the new scuplts for which I traded my collection of magic: the gathering cards.

My only concern is the painting of the Denison smocks. I have seen a couple of YouTube videos and will give it a go.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. I always find prepping a tedious but necessary evil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true but these new sculpts were pretty flash and mold lines free.

      Delete
  2. This all looks very exciting Dan, best of luck with the new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to seeing these Paras coming along :)

    For the Denison pattern, use very thin paints for the brown and dark green, possibly mixed with glaze medium. If you can, use a small flat tip brush to apply them and just go for an impression of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice - I've tried the thinned down paint and that seems to work nicely.

      Delete