Wounded Chindit

Wounded Chindit

Sunday, 23 October 2016

New project - prepping

Whilst waiting for the last base to dry for the US Cavalry yesterday I decided to prep the 1st batch of PeterPig's WW2 British Paras. 

I've decided to go for a rather large army and cover a number of options as I have the troops to hand and will still have many left over (eBay sale coming up at the end I think). I picked up a PeterPig black box for the paras (old style of figures) many years ago and when Martin had the figures remodeled I purchased a number of packs. This was supplemented by another black box of the new scuplts for which I traded my collection of magic: the gathering cards.

My only concern is the painting of the Denison smocks. I have seen a couple of YouTube videos and will give it a go.

Thanks for stopping by.

Stop the Cavalry

I managed to get a few photos of the last of the mounted elements of my Peter Pig US Cavalry. 

First up is a couple of  command bases, pack 56, followed by a couple of bases of Crow Scouts mounted, pack 63.

And finally a picture of two troops of cavalry with command and Crow Scouts.

Hopefully during the week I'll have some photo's of the dismounted troops and a few character packs.

Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, 10 October 2016

More US Cavalry

Over the past few weeks this US cavalry project has progressed really well (for me anyway) and is now near completion. I have a few bases that need a coat of paint and some grass tufts added and a supply wagon to paint.

These figures are pack 55  us cavalry with Pistols. I was happy with the painting but again when varnishing the blues and blacks greyed and had to be repainted. This happened again with the dismounted troopers. I've since varnished some character figures and crow Scouts and as the weather has become somewhat cooler my heater is on and the greying has disappeared. Hopefully that's the problem sorted now.

Thanks guys.